SONIC FRUIT SHORTS 2018
The Sonic Fruit Shorts Competition is closed for another year!
This year's winner is:
by Arnas Pigulevicius
"The truth is, for me, it's obvious that 70/80% of a movie is sound." - Danny Boyle
Sound is one of the most important components of a film but is the area that is most commonly overlooked. We are offering one lucky winner a full post-production sound treatment of their film, including an edit of the production sound, and full tracklay, where appropriate, of sound effects, foley and sound design, as well as a final mix in 5.1 surround sound.
The Sonic Fruit Shorts Competition is open to everyone. All you need to do is:
• Make a short film (if you haven't already) that is forty (40) minutes or less in length.
• Submit a locked cut to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th April 2018 via YouTube/Vimeo link.
• Tell us a bit about yourself and your film.
The competition is:
• Completely free to enter.
• Open to anyone and everyone – entry is not limited by age, gender, experience or location.
• Not specific to any genre or medium. Live action, animation, documentary, romance, drama – anything goes!
The prize is:
• Full post production sound treatment, as appropriate to the film. (Including full track-lay, foley, sound design, dialogue edit and final mix).
The winning film will be selected by our esteemed panel of judges, consisting of industry experts and established filmmakers.
Our Judging Panel - 2018
Terms & Conditions:
By submitting your film to Sonic Fruit Shorts you confirm that you have full permission for all contributors, locations and music used in the film.
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com by midnight (00:00 GMT) on Friday 27th April 2018.
The winner will be announced by 12 noon (12:00 GMT) on Friday 25th May 2018.
Prize presupposes delivery of a locked picture edit, offline production sound and any score to be included.
To enable Sonic Fruit to undertake the post production work, the winner must be able to submit a Quicktime file of the picture (a full, locked cut) and an AAF, or OMF, of the offline audio. On selection, Sonic Fruit will contact the winner to discuss this in further detail.